Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." -Ps 127:1

It's been way too long since I've posted anything on my blog. Since my last post...my son in Iraq has become a Sargeant...way to go! I'm so proud. We never hear much about what's going on with his unit...I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. He conveys to me that he likes to work hard. he usually works his off hours to pass the time and he strives to be the best. Can you see my heart swelling with pride?
Even though he's not going to be here for the holidays, with all the packages sent, we tried to make it fun like Christmas---getting gifts. What do you get for a guy in the middle of a warzone? He'll have a new GPS to help him find the bad guys...DVDs, a portable DVD player, PSP & Nintendo DS games...power bars...muscle milk...and I promised him for the last time...CANDY. After this, he wants no more junk food. He'll go home in the Spring on leave and see his wife. He wants to look good for her. Then back to the sandbox he'll go until sometime during the summer when his deployment is over. All I know is that I just want him out of that place.
My husband, my son and I just got back from a very unexpected trip to Texas. Our best friend died and we went down for his funeral...27 hours driving and crying. It was very hard leaving his wife and kids behind. But I have a feeling they will do fine...in time. We all are still having a hard time believing he is gone.
My other Army Mom friend has both of her boys home now...lucky you, Jo!!! Enjoy every second with them and hug them often. As a matter of fact, hug them for me and tell them, "thank you."
I'm proud and thankful to all of our troops fighting this war. I don't like the war, but our troops will always have my support. God Bless them all and return them safely home.
"Blessed is he who regard for te weak; the Lord delivers him in times of trouble. The Lord will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes." Psalm 41:1-2.

1 comment:

Write Before Sleep said...

It's about time you got back to blogging!

You are a good writer and should do more of it --- right here!

I hope you got the trinket!

Jo Ann
Mom o'Home Boys