Friday, July 27, 2007

My first blog

Last night my husband said I was becoming a mean person. ME??? The person who saves face and tries to keep peace within the family unit ??? If a nice person goes bad, shouldn't people close to them be concerned and maybe ask if there's a problem? That's what I'd do....and did with my hubby a few weeks back. I told him he complained too much --- about EVERYTHING ---and that he needed to choose his battles. So, I guess now I've turned into him. Or..maybe it's because .... my oldest son was recently deployed to Iraq...and I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Does anyone ever ask me how I'm feeling during all of this? NO! OK...so maybe everyone has to walk on eggshells around me for the next 12 months or so...and maybe I've morphed from a nice, sweet, person...to one that has other things on her mind and doesn't feel like being nice at this particular point in time. I don't want to be classified as a MEAN person...just a crabby one who has alot on her plate and wants her son to come home safe.

3 comments:

Write Before Sleep said...

Great job Kathy! Bloggin is fun and you'll get to know a bunch of new people.

liberal army wife said...

honey - get as mean as you want. pick your battles... and may I gently suggest that you NOT be too mean to the family... they hurt too. I am a blog friend of amx3. My son was in iraq in 2003-2004, when my husband was in bosnia. and my husband just got back from 16 months in the Litterbox (sand, crap = litterbox) Your family is just as scared as you, is as angry as you... but in their own way! You are the mom, and that's your baby over there, the one that you used to help across the street, that you nursed through chickenpox and broken hearts. but dad is hurting too, the rest are too.

LAW

Sarge Charlie said...

I also came from mom's place, I was the one always deployed and never thought of how hard it is on those that love you. Since my oldest grandson has been in the sand box and back I now understand how you feel, you have to believe they are doing it for something worthwhile, being a Vietnam vet I know the soldiers feel now with all the crap that is going on in the USA.....