Friday, August 3, 2007

Congrats to my new Corporal!


Well...I spoke to my son from Iraq yesterday and it was wonderful. He told me his plan for re-enlistment and that he has a four day weekend coming up and he can't wait. Today my DIL sent me an email while Joe was on the phone, to let me know he's been promoted to Corporal and is a Vehicle Commander! Way to go, Joe. Congrats to his buddy...Mueller...for his promotion too. Prayers to you Miles, hoping you're feeling better soon...possibility of gallstones. These are the 3 J.M. boys in Iraq..kind of like the Three Muskateers. All for one and one for all! HOOAH!

Was a rough day today after talking to Joe yesterday...he can't wait for R&R to spend EVERY MINUTE OF IT WITH HIS WIFE ONLY. That hurt but I wasn't going to let him know that. I can understand him wanting to be only with his wife...sort of. She's in texas and I'm in New Jersey...it's not like I can just...'be in the neighborhood.' I'll get over it and I'm still as proud of my son as ever. Nothing could ever change that.
This picture is of The Three Muskateers (3 J.M.s) and my DIL, Sarah. This was taken in April when I went to Washington before deployment. We all went to dinner and back to the hotel and watched "Flushed Away." It was a great night that I'll treasure forever.

4 comments:

Mrs H said...

Congrats to your son on the promotion!

liberal army wife said...

yeah - it hurts when they want to spend time with their girlfriend. In your case, it's his wife, and you guys are States away.. but you will know he's safe. and can talk on the phone.

LAW

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Congrats to your son & his buddy, Mueller, on their promotions! I also hope that Miles is back to good health & it isn't gallstones. Hope your son reconiders & you get to spend time with him also...I know it would kill me not to see my son. Take care. HOOAH!

Not a Granny said...

Woo Hoo for the promotion!!